Australian surfers first began to use rash guards
Thus, they protected their body from scratches, damage to the board, irritation from seawater, and kept warm. The specific properties of the materials from which such clothes are made, create an excellent microclimate for the skin and the necessary compression for the muscles.
This suit for surfing protects the skin from the aggressive environment, namely salty sea water, scorching sun, cold wind, and even when swimming in cold water. Also, such clothing will partially smooth the friction of the skin about the surfboard and possible bruises when falling from the board. So you should not neglect it and choose a convenient and practical rash guard.
Rash guard species. Surf swimsuits differ primarily in seasonality:
- Summer clothes are for air and water temperatures from +30°C (86°F). Usually, it is a swimsuit with shorts and a tank top, which are made of lycra with short sleeves, or leggings and lycra with long sleeves.
- Off-season swimsuits, when the water warms up to + 18°С (64°F) and above, and air up to + 25°С (77°F) and above. Here, one lycra not enough, even with long sleeves, so more often are used models of neoprene “the spring suit”, namely, short sleeve overalls and trouser legs above the knees, a sleeveless suit but covering the legs, and whole body tight clothing.
- Rash guard for cold water, with a temperature below + 18°C (64°F). These include neoprene suits covering the body, legs, and hands. They can pass or not pass water, depending on the model.
Waterproof suits have flaws, namely, in the process of conquering the waves, the body under the costume can merely overheat. Clothes, which slightly let water through, properly cool it due to the slow inflow of cold water. Today, surfing clothes are made by many different brands. Their quality is not very different, so you should choose not the brand, but the model in which you will be comfortable.
How to choose a suit for surfing?
Clothing for women who like surfing is replete with a variety of models. It is sometimes difficult for beginners to make a choice.
Here are some tips for choosing rash guard:
- A swimsuit is needed in any case – as an independent suit for a morning and evening stroll through the waves or as underwear under the main surf clothing. A one-piece or separate swimsuit with a top-top must fit snugly to the body. Otherwise, you will continuously correct or even can to lose it, while riding on the waves.
- In the afternoon, in order not to get burned in the sun, wear leggings and lycra over your swimsuit – it’s better with a long sleeve, so as not to rub your forearm.
- If you are engaged in the kind of surfing where you need to work with an oar, your option is a suit with a top in the form of a vest – it will not restrain movement of your shoulders.
- And do not forget about the accessories. In the heat, you will need any hat that fits well on the head, and special sunglasses, and in cold weather – special shoes, a helmet, and hydraulic gloves.
- You will find on this page the most high-quality, comfortable and attractive models of the rash guard for women plus size.
Showing all 30 results